Debbie Lori Kaye vs J.D. Loudermilk



There was once a time when this little songsprite named Debbie was gracing the halls of
columbia records and making extensive tour route playing with different acts
in many cities throughout Canada and the USA.
At a very young age gaining one of those exotic and dangerous
contracts with prime distro routes and radio playback by hyped djocks, she seemed
to engage with natural flair and passion to do the big pop thing. She is an artist
through and through and there is a reason I feel she is basically unknown to the
consuming public.


A Long shadow,deep dark blue is cast in the industry. Depending on status and chart earnings, that is the scale
where one artist signed, can leverage their own ideals into their music. That is rare
in the Industry to have sustained control. Although Debbie played pop, she did it with
conviction and interpretation. From notes I have gathered from associates or passing
friends of hers on the web, I see a trend that says she became Disillusioned. Why
does that not surprise me. She's small, but too BIG for that control.
You can just tell by her eyes. The scant footage filmed of Debbie, especially the footage in color
of her singing "legend in my own time" from '65 shows a fiery direction yet compassion
and friendliness. Very beautiful girl too, and obviously a  unique person through and through.

The record I'm showcasing today is a rare 45 by Lori. Probably released in 1966, and is produced
by Bob Johnston. It has that big sound of Johnston which is matched perfectly on this disc with Kaye.
She brings on home a classic performance with high energy and a rockabilly slant. It's not even listed on Discogs. She seemed to have released a whole wack of non LP 45s which one should automatically buy
if you are a fan of music.
The sole Columbia LP "hey little one" is very hard to find, and is superb mishmash of pop, country and even psychedelia. I have since misplaced my copy, so when I do find it, I will be sharing it.

My only wish is if she had been a little more influenced
by what was going on in Detroit at the time.
Her pipes were perfect for soul. Maybe this ties in with why she
left the industry.... ??

I enjoy this 2 sider very much so, hope you do too!
I think she does J.D. Loudermilk right!

________________________________________

listen-watch



________________________________________

Comments

  1. Hi, would like to thank you for a superb blog and the Rusty Evans album i got from you was even greater than i had expected! I would really appreciate(though i havent been the easiest customer) if you could give me the dl link for this record aswell? Ill try to keep it to a minimum but you have alot of great music i have been looking for or just realized i need them but will do my best :)
    My regards Paycheckfan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

MAKE SURE YOUR FRIEND CONNECT NAME IS THE SAME NAME YOU COMMENT/REQUEST WITH SO I CAN FIND YOU





full instructions below to become member-please follow steps
otherwise it will be hard or impossible to find you to send link(s)


contact us anytime - freqazoidiac@gmail.com

Popular Posts