BYRDS-younger than yesterday-MONO MIX-1967 + BONUS 45s CANADA and USA pressings

BYRDS-younger than yesterday-MONO MIX-1967 + BONUS 45-2011-freqazoidiac





This particular Byrds album, is one of my favoured LP's from the 'psychedelic' era.
It is on that level to me, on the strength of the original songs, the arrangements, the vibe
the beautiful harmonies,
and the experimentation. It's essentially a 1966 LP , recorded in the dark days of winter
and then released just in time for spring of 1967.  It must have been a very strange thing to
hear. It has held up, if one contrasts the glowing reviews you can find on the web.
Over and over I read that this was an unexpected surprise, and the one album that no
one on the ground recommends or mentions. It seems true! I had to discover this by chance,
finding it and then playing it unbiased. That's the approach I favor anyways and have held onto
that intuition. One should trust their intuition!

I have culled together the Canadian first pressing for the first side and the USA first pressing for
the 2nd side. (both Mono)
I have the stereo version on LP , but I prefer the Mono in this case, but the Stereo is NO slouch, don't
get me wrong here.

The main reason I culled the 2 versions is both copies had problems of condition, on opposing sides
so it fit perfect. The mixes and lengths are the same, yet I found the Canadian version to
be a bit more clear in the high end spectrum.

Below, see the labels.
On the Left, you have the USA labels. On the Right, Canada.
Notice it states MONO on the USA and Canada is still using the older
"guaranteed high fi"






I added in 2 Canadian 45's as bonus'  -

BYRDS-my back pages /renaissance fair-Canada-Columbia-MONO-45-1967-444054 
byrds-eight miles high / why-1966-45-MONO-canada-columbia-443578 


I added the single version of WHY released almost a year earlier, as it's ROCKIN' beyond comprehension.
I enjoy both versions, the '66 version is punky, the album version a bit smoother
but all around great track with an interesting theme.

To top it off with a cherry or two, I threw in the 6 bonus non LP or single tracks from
the Legacy issue of the album from 1996.

The cover was remixed with a different colour scheme  and arrangement to reflect our compilation.
Seeding as Lossless torrent NOW.





OH-- and if you think  the number one album of the hipster scene
"Sweetheart of the Rodeo" is a Byrds album, you are wrong.
It is in Name only. You take Clarke and Crosby out, and you have no Byrds.
hahah














Comments

  1. Hi there I'd like the lossy file link for the Byrds Younger than Yesterday -
    steve_rippon99@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. another excellent album and one of my favorites also. Would love to have a listen. thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

MAKE SURE YOUR FRIEND CONNECT NAME IS THE SAME NAME YOU COMMENT/REQUEST WITH SO I CAN FIND YOU





full instructions below to become member-please follow steps
otherwise it will be hard or impossible to find you to send link(s)


contact us anytime - freqazoidiac@gmail.com

Popular Posts