FUTURE SHOCK-CANADA FUNK 45- UNKNOWN!! Cover of CYMANDE CLASSIC-THE MESSAGE LISTEN !!

Man o ham, I really have a pile of stuff in my mind to share ! I finally got this little cut out, after thinking about it the other day, and wondering, and worrying "where the heck is it!" I thought i lost it among a pile of stuff i was throwing out.
Goodness, I found it, and am I glad. This is a fine little 2 sider to throw up on here for you to tune into .
I don't recall hearing any Cymande covers, except for maybe when they were "rediscovered" by the masses after a few Hip Hop producers used some samples. De La Soul Comes to mind. I did not discover them before De La myself, that was my stepping off point for me and I'm sure many others, back in 1988. (prince paul, stand tall!)
This leads to this 45 I digitized on youtube. Here's the information :

FUTURE SHOCK-the message (cymande) / so near yet so far (ed-dee staxx) Ultra records-SCV-2020-(1976??) - Recorded at Sound Canada in 1970 something or other.. no definitive about year, sorry.

Who is this Ed Dee Staxx dood? He wrote the A side "so near yet so far" The labels on my copy are
reversed.
Tell me what you think of this cover! Does anyone else know that this existed? Any history we can fill in here??

Comments

Popular Posts