Joan Baez-farewell angelina-VANGUARD-MONO MIX-1965

JOAN BAEZ-farewell angelina VANGUARD records-MONO-VRS9200  1965

* 16/44 lossless TORRENT MONO now seeding *




01-farewell, angelina (b.dylan)
02-daddy, you been on my mind (b.dylan
03-it's all over now, baby blue (b.dylan)
04-the wild mountain thyme (trad. mcpeake family)
05-ranger's command (w.guthrie)
06-colours (d.leitch)
07-satisfied mind (rhodes-hays)
08-the river in the pines (trad. Americana)
09-pauvre ruteboeuf (ruteboeuf, ferre)
10-sagt mir wo die blumen sind (where have all the flowers gone - p.seeger)
11-a hard rain's a-gonna fall (b.dylan)









I have been listening to this LP for a few years now, but mostly in Stereo Format. My stereo
copy is pretty dodgy, and a few months back I found a very nice USA mono pressing.

I personally am not a huge Baez fan, as her quivering vocal gymnastics can grate
those  nerves in a caterwailing quality. 
And like some of the most dynamic Jazz and Classical records, it takes a pretty
special Cartridge/Stylus to track her range. 

(really, no joke, I had to play with 3 carts to get a good smooth transfer of her Sometimes-SSSSyy SSSParkle SSSaturation in her Voice delivery to get it SSSmooth and less Rasspy.. I think I got it 75% right on the transfer)

It is all the same takes, but it's a true Mono Mix. 
The Stereo doesn't
sound much different really, just the placement of the voice is off to the right a bit
and sounds further away and is a tad more naked. 

The Mono sounds (like is common) more punchy, and there is a slight bit more
Reverb added to her voice. I like the balance slightly more on the Mono mix
and this to my knowledge is the first time anyone has offered the Mono LP
online.

JOAN BAEZ DOES DYLAN, DONOVAN WITH A FEW OTHER HITS IN BETWEEN

The cover of Donovan's song "colours" is so smooth, the Acoustic bass just throbs and keeps
a great glue contrasting Joan's range. 



Comments

  1. Hi, can I get the torrent for this album please?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

MAKE SURE YOUR FRIEND CONNECT NAME IS THE SAME NAME YOU COMMENT/REQUEST WITH SO I CAN FIND YOU





full instructions below to become member-please follow steps
otherwise it will be hard or impossible to find you to send link(s)


contact us anytime - freqazoidiac@gmail.com

Popular Posts