SEPTEMBER • 45 rpm 7" single•1973 Polydor• BLUE LADY / CELEBRATION • CLIFF EDWARDS-THE BELLS

I wish I knew more about this Canadian group. I speculate that this is the only release? I hope I am wrong. Hopefully someone can guide these ears to some more material by this group, guided by the fab touch of Canadian Musical underappreciated genius, Cliff Edwards. He was in the first Incarnation of the Five Bells, who became the Bells. I tended to be pulling out the first Five Bells LP from 1968, and it is still my favorite. Possibly the Heavy Cliff involvement in that LP. Well, 45 is about 4 years after his first minor success with the Bells, and we have a heavier approach, with an eclectic sound. Too boot, we have some Rod Argent (from the Zombies) material on the flip side.
Speaking of the B Side, check the 2nd vocalist, after the female. Sounds UNCANNILY like Axl Rose from late 80's rockers, Guns n' roses. There seems to be 3 vocalists given turns in this group.
I have not found one iota of info this band. Is this an elusive rarity? Regardless.. I dig this wax baby.

Comments

Popular Posts